Severe Weather Procedure
In the event of severe weather, we will endeavour to keep the school open and in this case we will have a range of procedures in place.
Please see the document below for details of where the children should enter the school building and where they should be collected from if the playground is off limits.
In the event of the school having to be closed, the following procedure will take place:-
- You will be notified by text/facebook/parentmail email.
- The school website homepage will be updated
- A bulletin will be included on BBC Berkshire
- The West Berkshire website will also be updated www.westberks.gov.uk under 'Our Services' click on 'Schools'
- The Junior School telephone (0118 9428727) will have a special recorded message informing you if the school are closed.
- Work will be set for children to complete during any prolonged school closure and this can be accessed via the 'Our Learning' section on our website.
Severe Weather InformationRead more
School Closed Today
Due to adverse weather conditions Calcot Schools are closed Friday 1st February. Stay safe.Read more
Young Carer's Awareness Day 2019
On the 31st January is Young Carer's Awareness Day. Current figures are that 1 in 5 secondary children have a caring role. The figures are 1 in 10 for children under the age of 10.
A young carer is someone under 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend, who is ill, disabled or misuses drugs or alcohol. They will do many tasks like:
Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework or shopping.
Physical care, such as helping someone out of bed.
Emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed.
Personal care, such as helping someone dress.
Managing the family budget and collecting prescriptions.
Helping to give medicine.
Helping someone communicate.
Looking after brothers and sisters.
If you would like more information as to how to help a young carer. Please click on the link below.Read more