What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. These monies can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional sport clubs
- purchasing new equipment to support new initiatives
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- funding coaches for children to take part in intercounty events
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
What an end to a season!
The Year 4-6 boys football team made us all incredibly proud as they competed brilliantly in an end of season tournament.Read more
Year 2 Football Festival
The Year 2 boys were little stars as they competed in their first tournament against three other schools.Read more
Unbeaten run continues!
The year 3-4 boys football team continue to storm ahead, without conceding a single goal.Read more